Video Transport offers an easy way to add spontaneous remote guests to a live show as well as build and entirely remote video production workflow for anchors (here's a great case study in our blog).
There are two options:
- VT Guest – a Windows-based application with advanced features.
- A new web-based contribution link with bi-directional connectivity.
The VT Guest application uses our SRT-based protocol and also supports GPU-powered encoders: this increases transmission reliability and streaming performance. Due to browser limitations, the web link is limited to the WebRTC protocol and CPU-based encoders.
VT Guest is available starting with version 567 and is not compatible with earlier releases. It also requires the license files to be updated: if you already own a Video Transport subscription, please reach out to us, and we will provide updated license files.
Using VT Guest
First, you have to download the latest version (starting with 126.96.36.1995). You can do it on our web site. After you download and extract Video Transport:
- Launch VT Publisher application. Select the video source that you want to send to the remote guest. Click the “Start Publishing” button.
- Using the context menu of the selected channel from the studio and select “Copy Access ID”.
- Run the VT_Guest.exe application on the required machine and choose the required source.
- Copy and paste into the Access ID field the value from the source in Publisher.
- Press “Start”:
- Launch the Receiver application:
After that, the Stream of the guest will be available in the Studio Receiver. In this case, the Guest will receive a video stream from the studio.
The studio on its side can change the transmission parameters - Protocol and Buffer (Delay) in Receiver application.
Using the contribution web link
First, you have to download our latest version (starting with 188.8.131.525). You can do it on our web site. After you download and extract the Video Transport:
- Launch VT Publisher application. Select the video source from the “studio”, which we will send to the remote guest. Click the “Start Publishing” button.
- Using the context menu of the selected channel from the studio, select “Copy Web Guest URL”.
- Insert the "Web Guest URL" into the browser.
- The stream from the browser will appear in the VT_Publisher instance as one of the published sources. That can be delivered to required number of VT Receivers.