Starting from 220.127.116.1176 we have added the SRT beta implementation, it's still under development but you already able to test it in early implementation.
What is an SRT?
Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) is an Open-source software protocol and technology stack designed for live video streaming over the public internet.
SRT provides connection and control, reliable transmission similar to TCP, however, it does so at the application layer, using UDP protocol as an underlying transport layer. It supports packet recovery while maintaining low latency (default: 120 ms). SRT also supports encryption using AES.
You are able to use SRT with Medialooks SDKs in the same way as common known UDP/DVB protocols, the only differences in SRT protocol that receiver should be initialized before SRT encoder.
Also please note current beta implementation available only for x86 applications.
- Run Sample Writer x86 / Sample File Writer x86
- Choose the SRT as the video protocol
- Set desirable encoder (MPEG-2 in the current sample)
- Set URL value by the following pattern
- Run the Network Playback Sample
- URL should be the following srt://ip_address:port?mode=listener